Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Into / Greetings
Hello all,

My name is Adam and I live in Texas,been a "Lurker"for a exactly a year now and figured maybe it was about time to actually become active. RAT truly is an awesome place! Been reenacting other periods,primarily 19th century,for almost 15 years and about the last year or two have been slowly working into doing Roman. Been a fan of & studied Ancient Rome off and on since I was like 12 or so and I'm 30 now.That said & done,I wont babble any further,but will be posting questions soon enough.

Keep up the greatness,THANKS!
A. Dominicus Bejarius
(aka Adam Dominguez)
LEG X FRE
So after only a year, you decided to jump in? Glad to have you here, Adam. Welcome to the forum. You've probably been exposed to all the obvious questions and rules (what color of underwear did the Romans wear? :roll: ) but if you have any questions, just ask.

Again, welcome aboard, comilite!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Swhat color of underwear did the Romans wear? :roll: )

Euhm, actuall, that is a good question. I vouch for red. Or now, brown is maybe better. Hahah.

Welcome to RAT Adam.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Welcome Dominicus, I hope you will enjoy being on RAt and meaybe you can be helpfull to!!
on the colour of roman underwear it might have bin an little yellowisch brown depending on how long it was worn Smile
have al lot of fun
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
I should be able to post a picture of my Roman underwear as soon as I find my camera. Misplaced it somewhere under piles of other stuff. Sigh. The disadvantage of having a daughter-in-law and three grandchildren suddenly living with us in an already small house.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Hello Adam <waves>

There you go, you see! I have already learned something from your post. I didn't think the Romans had underwear (a bit like the Scots) and only acquired said garments as they acquired other colder bits of Empire... :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:I didn't think the Romans had underwear (a bit like the Scots) and only acquired said garments as they acquired other colder bits of Empire... :wink:

Never heard of an undertunic? They even seems to have known a piece know as a undercloak! But yeah, I think we were talking here about something like a subligaculum.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Best guess is that the gladiators fought in underwear plus a belt of varying sorts. Many cultures in the world have used a very similar garment, with some variations. A cloth tied under the clothing: hence sub liga culum. Under tied little [garment]
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Cmon guys, discussion in the proper places. And in this case, the original poster did not even ask the question!! :lol:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
You're right. Sorry. I started it. *slaps self*
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thanks for the warm reception all. And oh yes I very much enjoy RAT!
A. Dominicus Bejarius
(aka Adam Dominguez)
LEG X FRE
Quote:Cmon guys, discussion in the proper places. And in this case, the original poster did not even ask the question!! :lol:

True,but its at least fun to watch where and how far threads can wonder on here....
A. Dominicus Bejarius
(aka Adam Dominguez)
LEG X FRE