Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Warfare Debate - Reference to Oberstimm
Hello

Can anyone assist me with either a link or an article/paper which gives information about Oberstimm fort? Google gives me a link to JSTOR (Which I can't access) and I can't find the reference in Britannia anyway!

Enjoyed the article but more for the reference to the evidence for cavalry then women!!Big Grin

Thank you in advance.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
The only thing I could find about Oberstimm is in connection with the boats they found there. I have the book "Schifffahrt und Schiffbau in der Antike" by Ronald Bockius but not much about the fort is in it, only about the boats. But maybe it helps you for your research to search for references for the boat which will hopefully lead you then to the fort.
Ta!...ploughing my way through those as we speak:wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photos of Roman tombstones in Britain needed for Ancient Warfare magazine JoshoB 6 4,007 05-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: JoshoB
  \"Origins of the composite bow\" in Ancient Warfare. Virilis 4 3,194 02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  Video-Documentaries About Ancient Rome, Warfare& Philippos II 2 1,838 04-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Philippos II