Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Tombs and Palaces of Aegae
Exhibition at the Ashmolean in Oxford, UK.

Looks like a stunning collection of artefacts

http://www.pasthorizons.com/index.php/ar...n-spendour
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Interesting! If anyone attends,please make sure to take lots of photos and post here. Because in the Vergina museum photos are not allowed,and there is so much i would have like to have captured in a photo from there! Next time i visit i'm thinking of taking equipment to sketch things on the spot.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
I'll pop that in the diary and get some pictures...

Smile
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Quote:Interesting! If anyone attends,please make sure to take lots of photos and post here. Because in the Vergina museum photos are not allowed,and there is so much i would have like to have captured in a photo from there! Next time i visit i'm thinking of taking equipment to sketch things on the spot.
Khaire
Giannis

I am planning on going to this so is there anything in particular you would like photographed (if it's allowed)? Although please don;t say all 500 pieces!!:wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
The weaponry please! Especially if they have swords. Close-ups of their hilts and if any,of their scabbard fittings. If they've brought armour from Alexander's son tomb,as they implied in the text,then they might have brought his greaves which are very special. They have a metal clip near the ancle that goes all around the greave and looks like it secures it. This is unigue and a photo of it would be nice. Some spear points have portions of the shafts preserved,photos of these would be valuable.
Now i don't have a clue what they'll have exposed,but they said they will cover hunting and war...
Thanks both
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Yes weapons!!!
They seemm to "burry" them here!

Kind regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aegae Jona Lendering 1 1,930 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM