Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My gladiator helm(papermache)
Posted in wrong forum but here.... IF any won can help me with making it and improving them i reely wanna make more for me and friends... SO critique

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Dom. It is a brilliant first effort.Big Grin I am sure you have googled "gladiator helmet", looked at excellent photos on flickr and in books and maybe seen some people wearing them at shows. You may notice tha your helmet skull piece is a little flat. I would suggest that you do some papier mache over a balloon or a bowl thats about the right shape for your head. That will get you a rounder shape. One of the tricks of papier mache is to use really small bits of paper on the outer layers and especially white paper. This allows you to paint it the metal colour you are after.

I think you have used heavy card for your face plate and brim(?)The other way that you might get a bowl shape is to make segments- like in half an orange and tape/ glue them together.

There were lots of different crest shapes. Maybe when you make your friends some you could explore them?