Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Greek Tube and Stole corslet
Many are aware of the Tube and Yoke corslet, what some refer to as the linothorax, but few know of the other from of this armor, the tube and stole (see below).

[attachment=528]fierenze3794.jpg[/attachment]

The armor, the use of which appears to have been confined to wealthy Athenians, had a robust collar made of fox skin or mink skin. What added protection these specific pelts conferred is unknown, but often a specialized two-handed porpax was used in conjunction made of the same material.

If anyone has additional data, please provide it.

What is the date again?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"
hahaha

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad