Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference 2012
Hi,

if anyone has questions how to get to Ljubljana please send me a PM about it. I will try to give you some useful tips, if is out of my reach I will forward your question to Ljubljana Tourism, who promise us help in this project.
Regards,

Miha Franca
"Balnea, vina, Venus corrumpunt corpora nostra; sed vitam faciunt balnea, vina, Venus."
Tiberius Claudius Secundus
www.vespesjan.eu
Any more information about number of participants, programm, etc?
ALA I BATAVORUM
For now not much, the lecture about Tribuna camp will be done by me on Sunday together with the last lecture of A. Gaspari.
This week I will know if the Roman finds from Ljubljanica river will back from an exhibition in Sweden. I checked the museum in Stockholm and the exhibition is closing this week.
The number of participants is low, I hope more people will register in the future weeks.
For the ones worried about the weather, it seem this winter will be nothing special, until today just a few almost white days.
Regards,

Miha Franca
"Balnea, vina, Venus corrumpunt corpora nostra; sed vitam faciunt balnea, vina, Venus."
www.vespesjan.eu
The finds will be back in time Big Grin
There is some digging going on the Tribuna Roman army camp in a new section, if the work will go on in the time of the conference, I will an arrange a quick visit(it's under 5 min walk from the Friday meeting place).
If anyone of the participants is searching for some specific information about Roman finds or sites from Slovenia, let me know. We can ask in advance the speakers or some other people(if is my reach).
Regards,

Miha Franca
www.vespesjan.eu
Finally the programme can be find on my server

http://www.vespesjan.eu/wp-content/uploa...e20121.pdf
www.vespesjan.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/RATregistration20121.doc
Regards,

Miha Franca
www.vespesjan.eu
What a nice timetable, I guess we haven't had it that beautiful before Confusedmile:

What a pitty I can't participate this year, hopefully next year. Wish you all a pleasant trip and a great time in Ljubljana.
Well, as the conference is getting close, it's always good to put some more attention to the wonderful programm Miha put together. I'm looking forward to this years conference again and hope some more RAT-members will join. It's a conference by and for RAT-members.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Just a thing. Can the participants inform me if they will be in Ljubljana on Friday(if you already know this), is not a must, just to know if we can order another drink while waiting for you :wink: .
Remind me to send you my phone number if you didn't received yet. That way we can be in contact if miss each other....
Regards,

Miha Franca
www.vespesjan.eu
That is such a great program! Sadly I cannot participate Cry
------------
[Image: regnumhesperium.png]
I'm arriving on Friday, flight from London Stansted touching down at 20:00 local.
I've booked a room at Hotel Harmonija, 1km from the National Museum. Is anyone else booked there?
Arriving at 20:00 on Friday. I'm booked at Best Western but may not catch up with you guys on Friday as I have a friend to visit there Smile
Quote:Arriving at 20:00 on Friday. I'm booked at Best Western but may not catch up with you guys on Friday as I have a friend to visit there Smile
we will compensate on Saturday Big Grin

If someone needs a ride from the airport also send a PM. The airport is really close to Ljubljana.

For the Saturday trip, I expect to be back from it in the late afternoon, so will be enough free time for a stroll in Ljubljana. I could also redo a quick guided visit of the city, if there will be interest from who will miss it on Friday.
If not I'll be resting or better said cooling down my vocal cords in the first available pub.
Regards,

Miha Franca
www.vespesjan.eu
Quote:
Piotr Smolanski post=305431 Wrote:Arriving at 20:00 on Friday. I'm booked at Best Western but may not catch up with you guys on Friday as I have a friend to visit there Smile
we will compensate on Saturday Big Grin

If someone needs a ride from the airport also send a PM. The airport is really close to Ljubljana.

For the Saturday trip, I expect to be back from it in the late afternoon, so will be enough free time for a stroll in Ljubljana. I could also redo a quick guided visit of the city, if there will be interest from who will miss it on Friday.
If not I'll be resting or better said cooling down my vocal cords in the first available pub.

I'm still unsure when I'll be arriving, but will let you know as soon as I know. Then we can also discuss travelling from Airport to the city.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Sigh.. What a program. Ljubljana, Hrusica, Alpa Julia.. All right in the 'plumbata heartland'! And no way that I can attend.. Cry Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I wish you good meeting and time in our country. I still don't know, if i will have a chanche to come. I have personal situation because of that i am not sure. I have two LH events very soon; 3 private drive trips to Ljubljana and the visit of the IRM at the end of marth in Germany and i don't know, if i will be able to do all my plans.
Good time and enjoy it full!
Joze
I like LH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll jvrjenivs 16 22,330 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Tormenta