Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roma Victrix Trailer
Hi all - my new novel Roma Victrix comes out pretty soon and a mate of mine made this trailer that I'd like to share with ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw3k82__iR8

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

Russ
Not to quibble, but wouldn't it be "Roma Victra"?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I suppose that would depend on your meaning. Are you saying "Rome conquers" or "Rome is the conqueror."
is the colloseum not a later name but is it circus flavium.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
If you're saying that the PERSON is the conqueror/winner, victrix is correct for a female, I think, based "executor/executrix, mediator/mediatrix, so victor/victrix" thinking. Something like "championess", if there were such a word.

I think the issue of grammar could be solved by Victrix Romae (Victrix of Rome) or Victrix Romana (Roman Victrix), but hey, I'd just like to read it. I won't argue about the title. Good on you for writing something about Rome and the gladiatrix. We have a member on RAT named Medusa who is a provocatrix (as in a gladiator type, not a troublemaker, heh).

When can we get copies?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Agrimensor: Yep, its not referred to as Colosseum in the book. But the trailer is really supposed to have a broader appeal and I'm not sure how many folk out there would know about the "real" name of the amphitheatre.

M Demetrius: There's a character in the book based on her ;-)

Thanks for the tips on grammar, chaps.

Cheers

Russ