Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperta Ferro #5 \"The Republic in danger\"
Hi all

Issue #5 of Spanish magazine DESPERTA FERRO is out! Devoted to the Roman Republic between Marius and Pompey, it includes the following features:

* El mundo mediterráneo entre Cayo Mario y Julio César, por Pau Valdés Matías
* El ejército tardorrepublicano, por Yann Le Bohec
* Quinto Sertorio, el patriota republicano, por Francisco Pina Polo
* Sertorio y los hispanos, por Fernando Quesada Sanz
* Las guerras cimbrias, por Alberto Pérez Rubio
* Enemigo implacable: Mitrídates el Grande, por Philip Matyszak
* La campaña de Pompeyo contra Mitrídates VI del Ponto (66 a.C.), por Luis Amela Valverde
* Las guerras serviles en Sicilia, por Pedro López Barja de Quiroga
* Gladiadores fuera de la arena, por Ricardo Cagigal
* Y además, introduciendo el nº 6: La marina catalanoaragonesa, por Mario Orsi

Sadly only in Spanish by now, but as always full of top-notch illustrations and maps. Here you can see the cover, featuring one-eyed Quintus Sertorius with his white fawn. More info on: www.despertaferro-ediciones.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"nos Celtis genitos et ex Hiberis" - Marcial, Epigrammata, IV, 55.

Blossio/Alberto Pérez
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.despertaferro-ediciones.com">www.despertaferro-ediciones.com
Where can I locate (Preferably in english, my Spanish is good but not totally fluent) accounts of Caesar's campaign in Lusitania, crica 60 BC when he was Governor (Praetor) Ulterior Hispanica? I am an author specializing in Historical fiction - Caesar's Centurions from 64 BC to 58 BC so far. FIRST SPEAR is intended to be a series tracing the careers of Gaius Crastinus, Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus, but I find information on that portion of their enlistments totally lacking! Can you advise please?
Hello Brent

The only paper I know related to that issue is in Spanish (of course I do not imply it is the only one existing, ;-). "La propretura cesariana en la Hispania Ulterior:La II guerra lusitana" by Miguel Ángel Novillo López.
Here you can download it: http://www.ucm.es/BUCM/revistas/ghi/0213...20207A.PDF

Hope it helps. Best luck with your novels!
"nos Celtis genitos et ex Hiberis" - Marcial, Epigrammata, IV, 55.

Blossio/Alberto Pérez
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.despertaferro-ediciones.com">www.despertaferro-ediciones.com
Thank you very much....read me when you get a chance....I wrote the kind of story I like to read! FIRST SPEAR Rudimenta is available @ Barns and Noble, Books-a-Million and Amazon or the publisher, Xlibris! And thank you again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diadochoi in Desperta Ferro magazine Blossio 0 1,640 11-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Blossio
  DESPERTA FERRO #1 IS OUT Blossio 4 2,006 09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
  Desperta Ferro: new Spanish magazine Blossio 12 4,515 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM