Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we change our Signature?
Ever since we migrated here my signature is unreadable. How can I change it? I have look all over for it but I cannot seem to find the button to edit it...
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
I posted an explanation of how to create/edit ones signature here:

http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat.html?fu...&id=287200

It is a few posts down the page, I tried to cut and paste the post into this thread and for some reason I was not able to. :-?

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Got it, thought it would be better to move the explanation to this thread:

First click on your avatar (or username), you will then be at your home page, there are several tabs, place your mouse cursor over the tab marked 'Forum' (not 'Profile', under 'Profile' there is an 'edit profile' link, but it will not take you to your signature) several options will drop down, click on 'Edit Profile', then click on 'Profile Information', then look to the bottom of the screen you will find a text block to create/edit your signature.

Hope that helps. Smile

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I have drop down menus under "Profile" and "Friends" but not under "Forum"...
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
Quote:I have drop down menus under "Profile" and "Friends" but not under "Forum"...

Hm, same for me. Something has changed, this method worked just a few weeks ago as I and other members were able to create/edit our signatures. :-?

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
I figured it out. Perhaps something small changed - your instructions were almost right.

1) Click on your avatar, and this will take you to your community profile.
2) Click on the bottom "forum" tab, which will take you to your forum profile. There will be a long red box, saying something like: "Profile for Epictetus (Epictetus)." To the far right-hand side of that red box will be a little "Edit."
3) Click that "Edit."
4) Click "Profile Information."

The bottomost box is your signature.

Simple. Big Grin
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Right! thank you very much!
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
Quote:I figured it out. Perhaps something small changed - your instructions were almost right.

1) Click on your avatar, and this will take you to your community profile.
2) Click on the bottom "forum" tab, which will take you to your forum profile. There will be a long red box, saying something like: "Profile for Epictetus (Epictetus)." To the far right-hand side of that red box will be a little "Edit."
3) Click that "Edit."
4) Click "Profile Information."

The bottomost box is your signature.

Simple. Big Grin

I have no 'Bottom' forum tab ( :???: ), there used to be a drop down menu from the forum tab at the top of the page.

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
he means the tab you meant yourself. Just not the "Forum" button over that.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
Quote:he means the tab you meant yourself. Just not the "Forum" button over that.

I found it, though it has changed since just a few weeks ago, there used to be a 'Forum' tab that would drop down a menu that included an 'edit profile' link. No matter as long as we know how to access our signature.

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad