Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution of your impression...
Went through some of my older pictures, and I can sort of map out how my impression has evolved...anyone else have pics from "then and now"?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Legion: TBD
Thats brilliant! I love seeing this kind of development and it really shows you have risen through the ranks :p
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
Excellent idea Matt. I only wish I had been into this long enough to have pictures to compare to, let along have a completed kit...
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Quote:Went through some of my older pictures, and I can sort of map out how my impression has evolved...anyone else have pics from "then and now"?
Great idea Matt! Nice picture, I made one according to your example:

[attachment=1026]evolutionofRobert.JPG[/attachment]

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Very cool Vorti! It's fun to look back on those things...

Matt and Damo...start snapping pics now...

And I give you something to laugh now, starting with early summer 2006, late summer 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately I don't know how to put all pix in a nice file like Robert and Magnus have done it :-(

What do you mean, laugh? You look great! Rapid progress in such a short time.

Quote:Unfortunately I don't know how to put all pix in a nice file like Robert and Magnus have done it :-(
Easy!
[attachment=1047]evolutionofSvenja.jpg[/attachment]

I'll gladly do that for anyone who provides me with 6 images. It costs me about 7 minutes to do, or less.

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Robert, Many thanks to put my six photos into one file :grin: Also thanks for your compliments on the evolution of my impression :mrgreen:
Started as 3rd century, moved into the 4th century, took a 1 year break, then jumped back into the 3rd century, with extra oomph... Smile

[Image: re-enact-timeline.jpg]
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
I see you got a promotion in 2010 Magnus!

Quote:Went through some of my older pictures, and I can sort of map out how my impression has evolved...anyone else have pics from "then and now"?
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Given the spectacular ignorance that prevailed generally in re-enactment when I started (1981), it is too horrible to contemplate!
Social History and Material Culture of the Enduring Roman Empire.

http://www.levantia.com.au
Quote:Started as 3rd century, moved into the 4th century, took a 1 year break, then jumped back into the 3rd century, with extra oomph... Smile
Impressive impressions Paul!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:I see you got a promotion in 2010 Magnus!

Yeah, I went from Optio to Centurion...I'm on the fast track for being promoted, but centurion is as high as I'll go.

Great pictures everyone!

Quote:
Mithras post=290266 Wrote:I see you got a promotion in 2010 Magnus!

Yeah, I went from Optio to Centurion...I'm on the fast track for being promoted, but centurion is as high as I'll go.

Join the Specularii. Help overthrow current Emperor. Scheme and plot. Cultivate informants. Get the dirt on eveyone. You will be a Tribune in no time. Probably have to do mid-second cetury impression, but what the hell... it's an excuse for more armor.

Ralph
Quote:
Mithras post=290265 Wrote:Started as 3rd century, moved into the 4th century, took a 1 year break, then jumped back into the 3rd century, with extra oomph... Smile
Impressive impressions Paul!

I didn't include my forays into iron-age Britain WinkThats less of an evolution, more of a jump...
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis