Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The risks of reenactment
A wise man once remarked that some people "strain at a gnat but swallow a camel." Gotta be careful, bro, that stick might have had someone's name on it....

Imagine if the spear point and butt spike had been installed on it. How would the police have reacted?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote: Peter Connolly had brought along a little standard that read "Coh I Dobsoniorvm" which we used as a rallying point for our group. More than once die Polizei stopped us and demanded to know what we were protesting with our sign. :roll:

You were lucky that the standard did not show an eagle with its wings spread out ! Wink

KM
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
:roll:
Martin, can you at least add some form of comment in stead of just adding an emoticon to a quote ? I can see you are a new member on here, but it is normal for members to answer other members with words in stead of just an emoticon.

If you do not understand the humor in my remark that is okay.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:Martin, can you at least add some form of comment in stead of just adding an emoticon to a quote ? I can see you are a new member on here, but it is normal for members to answer other members with words in stead of just an emoticon.

If you do not understand the humor in my remark that is okay.

M.VIB.M.
Well I have been around for almost six years, and your comment can not be answered otherwise. On the one thread you blab about national history and here you come right away with such a silly clichee..........just because some people write thousands of comments means zero!
Odd thing is thought that when you see some of these so called "forum Heros" at events, they look a bit less inflated as they enjoy appearing in forums.
In your case, you seem to enjoy provocating and when you get anwser, it is always the other who is wrong unless it is one of your buddies.
Must be fun playing the internet wise guy - is that compensation for real life defizients? So extra for you again: :roll:
Quote:Well I have been around for almost six years
Very commendable.

Quote:On the one thread you blab about national history and here you come right away with such a silly clichee..........just because some people write thousands of comments means zero!
That is why this section, and also the section in which the Alexander photo topic exists is called:

OFF-TOPIC Smile

Quote:Odd thing is thought that when you see some of these so called "forum Heros" at events, they look a bit less inflated as they enjoy appearing in forums.
English grammar... !

A forum hero I would never call myself, nor see myself as one.
Looking inflated in my case is not that bad, since I like my fat tummy, all paid for...

Quote:In your case, you seem to enjoy provocating and when you get anwser, it is always the other who is wrong unless it is one of your buddies.
This sounds like a kid who was promised a lollipop and then did not get one.
It should be: "In your case, you seem to enjoy provoking others"
You get reacted to, because you bite like a fish bites the bait on a hook.

If your replies on my postings were in any way shape or form intellectually sound,
rhetorically sound and with a lot of clever puns instead of simple
name calling, you would earn my respect. But at the moment you have not
once given any reaction which warrants such behaviour from my side of the
screen. The things you have stated on this board so far are not at all
interesting and do not have even the slightest bit of academic value, apart
from your latest two posts in the Alexander statue thread for which i must give
you credit.

Quote:Must be fun playing the internet wise guy - is that compensation for real life defizients? So extra for you again: :roll:
Funny, let me first point out that the proper spelling would be "deficiencies".
Second, again the remark you try to make is not at all relevant. It falls in the category of name calling and childish behaviour.

Best wishes,

M.VIB.M.

PS: Now lets get back on topic after this slight intermezzo.

H.J.Vrielink.
Oh you are a real smart one! Guess you must have a very boring real life that your small personality needs such polishing up
This is all that can be said to your hot air:
[Image: facepalm_implied1.jpg]
Dude... wait, what?
Moderator comment.
No personal vendettas in open forum. If you can't suppress the need to insult another member, either do so by PM, or warn a moderator. Offensive posts deleted.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog risks life to save another dog Tarbicus 2 1,864 07-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Epictetus