Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caesar\'s Gallic War in a french comics adaptation
thank you for your commentary
yes on the first page I mixed some element as ancient sword, because we were finding a mainstream publisher, and despite the excellent work of the celtic reconstitution nowaday in France, they're still thinking that roman=lorica segmentata and fake greek helmet, and celt=moustache and helmet with chicken wings.
I thought so that a small compromise (leaveblad or late Coolus) was acceptable.
But at the end we (with the storyteller) decided to do our own work with a smaller publisher but who understand what we do.
So in general you will see the long celtic sword and the Agen helmet

But I have also my point of view on the "character design", reading books since many years, and loving the Peter Connolly drawning for example.
I decided with the romans to drawn them with both Coolus and Montefortino helmet, with and without cheekplates.It is a choice and I assume this. Our purpose is to give the mentality and complexity of these ancient times, and showing that the celt were a sophisticated people

Messages In This Thread
Re: Caesar\'s Gallic War in a french comics adaptation - by Vincent Pompetti - 10-22-2011, 08:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caius Trebonius in book Caesar\'s Gallic Wars JeffF 2 2,011 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Last Post: JeffF
  Ancient Rome in comics rononmaximus 11 12,960 09-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Last Post: IGNATIUS LARRASUS PROFUTURUS
  Marvel Comics: Iliad Jona Lendering 20 6,904 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Wander