Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to store/display a segmentata?
I now have my Deepeeka Segmentata and I wanted to ask if it puts any stress on the leather having the armor sit upright on the ground as if it was being worn? I ask because I had a cheapy set of segmentata before where some of the internal leather snapped after trying it on for the first time.

I know this must seem like a stupid question, but given how easily I saw some cheapy segmentata leather snap, I don't want to risk the leather weakening on my new Deepeeka model.

The people at Deepeeka also when painting the internal metal black, painted the internal leather as well, will the paint make the leather weak or brittle? And yes I gave the leather a healthy dose of pure neatsfoot oil to condition and preserve this.

So my question stands, does having the segmentata sit up for long periods of time stress the leather? Is it ideal to take it apart when not in use? Thanks

-Matt
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Matt,

Excellent question as I've recently committed to purchasing one manufactured by Matt Lukes. I was thinking that it is entirely too well done to squirrel away in a bin or large plastic tote between usage.

I would enjoy displaying it in my home along with the helm for guests to admire or regard in astonishment as in, "Why?!". :twisted:

I know many of my Polish friends who do XVII C. Husaria have devised a simple wooden frame to display the Hussar armour with distinctive wings along with helm and arm guards. Rewelatcja!

B. Yurko Mikels
Sextus Mummius Tiro

Aut disce, aut discede!
Either learn, or leave!