Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carved bone hairpin...snake
Hi,
This is my first attempt at carving bone, is a very long and patient work for small details, but I am quite satisfied.

Now I have to complete the scales of the snake, are very small and requires patience handcarving ... what do you think?

[Image: IMG_0034800x600-3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0035800x600-3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0044800x600-3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0046800x600-2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0051800x600-2.jpg]
CIAO from Italy

Marco
What I think: simply brilliant. Keep sharing your good work!
ALA I BATAVORUM
A very high standard of work, particularly seeing asd you're using bone, thanks for posting this. I look forward to seeing the scales on.
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
We all think it's very good, but don't forget your other amazing works :-P Maybe a longer snake next time :roll: Some women I hear, like long snakes in their hair. Wanna feel Medusa like...ya know, prettay 8-) Spider might work too! ( just kidding of course)

EXCELLENT WORK!

Sam
Samuel J.
Quote:We all think it's very good, but don't forget your other amazing works :-P Maybe a longer snake next time :roll: Some women I hear, like long snakes in their hair. Wanna feel Medusa like...ya know, prettay 8-) Spider might work too! ( just kidding of course)

EXCELLENT WORK!

Sam

No kidding, I really feel appealed by that hairpin, looks nice and fitting of course my nickname/arena name :mrgreen:
WOW!! Confusedhock: Hey Medusa, erm, ummmm, hehe :oops: I had to look at your pic, thus your eyes to see your name, and, nothing happened :-|
The snake is truly very pretty. :-)

Sam
Samuel J.
Ooh, that hairpin looks gorgeous Smile Will you be posting photographs once it's finished?
aka Samantha
ROMA ANTIQVA VII CLAUDIA
Glasses in my avatar are so then I\'m not squinting and giving myself a headache. Generally not worn while on site, if I can help it.
Very impressive, as always!
--------
Ross

[url="http://galeforcearmoury.blogspot.com"] Working on a segmentata.[/url]
Thanks guys...and gals :mrgreen:
the hairpin is finally finished...

[Image: IMG_0062800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0066800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0068800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0071800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0072800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0073800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0074800x600.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0076800x600.jpg]
CIAO from Italy

Marco
Extremely nice
I intend to go do some work myself but I have a problem with the bone supply. My first try will be some dice I suppose. can you tell me where from you are buying the bone as well as what tools do you use for carving

nice work again
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Excellent work! A thing of great beauty.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
PERFECTO!
Samuel J.
Salve Marco,

I would like to know if this hairpin is made after a find?
Thanks,

@ Gelu
you can find bone material in knifemaking stores, in my opinion are the best place to find many natural materials, alternatively you can find many bones in the woodland and pastures already ready, or find a butcher ... if you have a strong stomach!

@ Svenja
I was inspired by a harpin found in Koln with a snake coiled, I've saw this in the Medizinische Instrumente book by Kunzl
CIAO from Italy

Marco
Beautiful! Kudos to you.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks