Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Roman reenactor
Hello all My name is Tim i live in Australia and im a newbie to Roman reenactment.I have been doing ww2 reenactment for the past 9 years and have just started to do Roman, several of my fellow ww2 friends and i have decided to start a small group here, ive read severl books on the Roman legions and have bought most of my kit from kult of athena, i have enough gear for a basic kit ie lorica/tunic/helmet/belt/caligae we have decided to do the 1st century as our first impression and would like any tips help and advice to help us along to form a awesome group.

Cheers Tim
Start in the "Beginners' Section" and you can find many tips that will probably save you time and money. There are Roman reenactors on this forum, and they'll probably find you. Always good to collaborate with other people, although I understand Australia is a big place, so they may not be all that near to you. Still, if they have a weekend get-together planned, maybe your group can join in.

And welcome to the Forum!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
What's your email address Tim? I can send you a few things that can help.

Dave, I'm surprised you didn't plug the Ludus Militis site Wink

Since you didn't...I will.

Tim, give this a read, it will help with the drill and a bit on tactics.

http://www.ludusmilitis.org/articles/LM_...y_2010.pdf

Also, check out Matt Amt's Legio XX site. It is an excellent read and will tell you what gear to avoid as well. Also details how to make just about everything.

www.larp.com/legioxx/

Legion: TBD
Thanks Magnus for the sites my email is [email protected]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  main differences between a roman and a modern reenactor Woadwarrior 29 4,685 08-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Magnus