Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Whitfield Spartacus
Spartacus star Andy Whitfield died yesterday finally surcoming to cancer after an 18 month battle.
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum
Tragic - he was only 39. May he rest in peace. My thoughts are with his wife and family.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Poor guy. He was an excellent actor.
Very sad to hear. He was a great actor taken away too soon.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
So very sad.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Yes, very sad - I enjoyed his performance immensely and will miss his presence in the series.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Wow I really did enjoy his performance in Spartacus. I don't think they'll be able to find someone that filled the role like he did
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
I was so shocked to hear this, specially after he recovered and showed up at comic-con 2010. I knew he was sick again but wasn't expecting this. He was really intense and brought the character to life in the show.

So sad :-|
André
He will be missed. RiP.
I posted a short piece in homage to Andy Whitfield on my website.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
I didn't know he was ill until he passed away! TBH, not having television at home, my
knowledge of general events in life are not what they used to be.
I accepted a friend request from him a week before he passed away on FB.
Sad to hear.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yes it's very sad that Andy Whitfield is no longer with us due to his untimely death. My thoughts are with his wife and family. If anyone has the right to say "I'm Spartacus", it's Andy Whitfield. He is going to be such a hard act to follow.
Rest in peace Andy, you are missed so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Andy Dove 1959 - 2019 Robert Vermaat 0 1,461 06-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat