Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To put out or not to put out...
I see three....?

But who cares...as long as they put out and don't whine a lot, throw strops etc....(runs for cover)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Gaius Julius Caesar wrote:

Are there not copyright issues there?

How do you mean? Pullo and Vorenus? They are public domain...they really lived!

Yes, very true...i was just fishing to see if you had been one of the Script writers :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
NOW ONLINELegatus Legionis

Gaius Julius Caesar wrote:

Yes, very true...i was just fishing to see if you had been one of the Script writers

Negative, Mr Milius and I would have been at odds with Pullo and Vorenus being remotely friendly, although I may eventually do that, he barely touched on it in the HBO series! In my series it will be a deep seated long-term thing!
Quote:But who cares...as long as they put out ...

Erm, perhaps your interpretation of this phrase is different to mine but I find that FAR from complimentary... Confusedhock: :!: :!:

...and I won't rise to the rest as I assume you are referring to the men... :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Hmmm, moderately successful bait! Wink

Well. interpretation is 9/10ths of the law they say.... :razz:
However, 'putting out' in mens terms means simply pulling their weight! :wink:

What exactly did you think I meant? Cool
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hahaha, no it doesn't Byron. That purely means giving up the sexual goods! What planet are you from? :lol:

Legion: TBD
Magnus is right, Gaius....what's up with that Bro?! Just kidding! I was in the military...not offended. I'm just giggling that someone still uses 'Putting Out'in 2011. Didn't that phrase go out of style in 1979? Tongue
Same here DiAnne! I never heard that phrase in a military sense when I was serving in 1979. The closest might have been: 'kick down' which meant 'toss me a cigarett' down on the Canal Zone, but something completely different now. LMAO when ya said it though Gaius!
.....Hey wait a minute! That dyslexic podex Vindex thought I was a chick! I ain't gonna 'put out' but he definitely needs to 'kick down'....LOL!
In all seriousness, the original message asked WHERE female re-enactors can participate in a living history event without digressing into a discussion on whether it is proper or not! You all may or may not have noticed it, but the poor guy who began this thread departed from it long ago because he specifically asked that it NOT digress into a gender thing! I suggested the VI/IX Legion group out in San Juan Capistrano, but that California to Europe thing may tank the possibility of a hook-up...oh no, did this old rugger use a wrong paraphrase?
The original question was where a mixed gender re-enactment group could find a place to participate...in EUROPE...that was it. Can we help the guy out with WHAT he wanted, and NOT what he specifically declined?
No boys and girls, I mean in the working world, where you have to put out, physically to get work done...I realise you city boys may not understand this though! :wink:

There is a world outside of the cushy 9 - 5 environment.
and just because a meaning is no longer trendy, it's meaning does not change.

And it is still very much used in the oil industry....the really colourful ones are fading into memory though, thanks to the sad encroachment of PC.

And yes you are absolutely correct, it was not long before it turned into a gender debate.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:where you have to put out

Its alright people, he is one of these particular breed of human beings called;

Oilus Riggus Erectus - they spend inordinate amounts of time in the company of other hairy beings which evolve into something not quite of this world...

I think you wanted to say Byron, that you are 'putting yourself out' rather than putting 'it' out...

Don't worry Moi, he's harmless so he is.... :?

HA
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Well thats aweful kind of you Claire. :mrgreen:
And yes i do put myself out alot, however, putting out means making a physical effort Cool

What kind of physical effort, well I guess thats open to interpretation..... :wink:

Now, if you ladies will kindly allow me to drag the conversation back out of fthe gutter where you managed to drag it.... Tongue

Quote:Oilus Riggus Erectus - they spend inordinate amounts of time in the company of other hairy beings which evolve into something not quite of this world...

Yeah true...and then there are a lot of blokes offshore too! :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ya know, I just realized there IS a reference to 'put out' as you mean it here in the states....we say 'don't put yourself out' as in 'don't go to the trouble' or 'don't bother'...now i see what you are talking about...the sexual inuendo, I am sure, evolved from the original mneaning!
More than likely, also used as a double entendre...
But most people in the patch understand.
But one guy on here worked on B1's and automation, and even he understood the meaning.
Funny how terms can have different meaning even within the same culture, with just a little geological shift!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I recently worked on a computor simulation involving the British, US and Australian armies. One of the main purposes of this command post excercise was to get everyone on the same page linguistically. 'Jacked up' had opposite meanings in UK and USA as do many other phrases and words. We truely are two peoples separated by a common language!
YAAAAY!

I got a bigger bite than GJC! :wink: (Edited to add : I just realised I even got it moved to its own thread!! It's the little things in life... Big Grin )

I'm also ex-military, also a girly and perhaps that is what has "tainted" my interpretation of an innocent, if misused phrase.

If I were Bertie Wooster and I was "put out", I'd be a tad upset but that was 1930s/1940s England...

(Isn't there a line in The Princess Bride" to that effect?)

Dyslexic podex, eh? Well Mr Nielsen, bang goes your sale... Big Grin :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!