Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colosseum arena floor will be rebuilt
Italy's culture minister has backed a proposal to rebuild the floor of Rome's Colosseum, allowing visitors to stand in the arena where gladiators once fought :

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyl...e25ce.html

arrivederci,
Emilio
In wood, ok. In durable material, no.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Stefan you probably know that EU rules are not allowing anymore to construct with durable materials over the ruins, so I suppose it will be in Wood
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Quote:Stefan you probably know that EU rules are not allowing anymore to construct with durable materials over the ruins, so I suppose it will be in Wood

EU rule? Generally, I support such rules, but I also believe every country should have the right to decide its own matters. If this rule comes from the EU, I almost oppose it on the ground alone that Bruxelles usurps more and more national sovereignty and democratic rights.

However, I think you may rather mean the legal obligations which come with the Colosseum's status as world heritage monument.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Stefan I think that there are more general rules but there are some conventions (La Valetta) that stipulate that the archeological heritage should be conserved "in situ" if possible, I also heard that some countries are not allowing reconstructions over the old monuments unless they can be easily removed (eg no concrete and so on)
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rebuilt an ancient lift inside the Colosseum emilio 0 2,137 05-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Last Post: emilio