Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we improve RAT in 2012
Yes I find recent topics down also.
Additional Marketplace suggestion:

I see that a couple of marketplace subforums have no posts for over one year.
My suggestion is that after one year of no activity the subforum be posted with a warning
post then deleted after a further year if not active enough as determined by the board owner. This would leave room for newer vendors who are getting a lot of marketplace traffic. (Which should be one of the criteria for inclusion in the marketplace subforums.)
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Quote:If you go to the bottom left of each thread, there is a button ,marked "subscribe" which should help!
I don't see this button. All I have got are "Reply Topic", "Unsubscribe", "Favorite" and "New Topic".
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
I think favorite is subscribe but im not sure. And I HATE having email pop ups for this forum or any other. Subscribing to threads with email notifications is so annoying.

A good improvement would be to the marketplace idea, i agree.
Quote:I don't see this button. All I have got are "Reply Topic", "Unsubscribe", "Favorite" and "New Topic".

What I have is "Reply Topic", "Subscribe", "Favourite" and "New Topic". Perhaps this means that you are already subscribed to that thread?
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:
Renatus post=301614 Wrote:I don't see this button. All I have got are "Reply Topic", "Unsubscribe", "Favorite" and "New Topic".

What I have is "Reply Topic", "Subscribe", "Favourite" and "New Topic". Perhaps this means that you are already subscribed to that thread?
You're right, of course. Why didn't I think of that?
Michael King Macdona

Quote:Just my humble vote: I would prefer the default not be to automatically send emails. I personally think all those notices are annoying.
Has this suggestion been implemented? I have noticed recently that there have been posts to threads to which I have subscribed that I have not received e-mails about.
Michael King Macdona

No, nothing has changed in this respect. If you're not getting subscribed threads notifications, they are probably going into a spam folder...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
E-mails are back and not due to anything I have done. I shall never understand computers.
Michael King Macdona

... and what happened to the Birthday Alerts? (He innocently asks ... on his birthday! :wink: )
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:... and what happened to the Birthday Alerts? (He innocently asks ... on his birthday! :wink: )
Your profile gives your birthday as 04/01/2000. You seem a very precocious twelve-year old, if I may say so!
Michael King Macdona

Quote:You seem a very precocious twelve-year old, if I may say so!
Oops, that should read "2001". :wink:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Renatus post=303144 Wrote:You seem a very precocious twelve-year old, if I may say so!
Oops, that should read "2001". :wink:
An Irish politician was being shown around an old-folks' home. On being introduced to him, a very elderly lady asked, "How old do you think I am, young man?"

"Madam," he replied, "that is a question that should never be asked or, if asked, should never be answered; but, however old you are, you don't look it."

So, however old you are, Happy Birthday!
Michael King Macdona

I'd like to see when you quote someone the quoted text be displayed in a box. This makes it easier to read and find the response and is less confussing.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Make a special section for FolkLore, Arthur nonsense and Dark ages mumbo jumbo, that way you can prevent these subjects from appearing in scientific/antiquity threads.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:... and what happened to the Birthday Alerts? (He innocently asks ... on his birthday! :wink: )
Ye gods, it's bad enough that there is all this social nonsense strapped onto RAT like a half-baked steampunk composting unit :roll: and you want birthdays flagged up too?! Did you get anything nice, by the way? A new Ben Kane book, perhaps? ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there