Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient hangover remedy in scientific testing
Scientists Discover Drug That Prevents Drunkenness And Combats Hangovers

Quote:Scientists have discovered an ancient herb that could spell the end of embarrassing drunken moments and debilitating hangovers as well as offering new hope for the treatment of alcohol dependency.

When tested on rats, the drug launched a three-pronged attack. As well as slowing down the effects of alcohol consumption, it helped to combat hangover symptoms and reduced further alcohol dependency.

The team of researchers from the University of California looked at a variety of herbs that are believed to have ‘anti-alcohol’ properties. They discovered writings dating back to 659 on the anti-alcohol properties of the Asian tree Hovenia dulcis, suggesting its use as a hangover remedy.

I'll have some of that thank you very much. Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I know people who ought to plant that tree in their yard for easy access.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Hovenia+d...66&bih=603

[attachment=2518]HoveniaLI.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
....and what's the "cloven-foot" ? (i.e. the by-effects) :mrgreen:

Greez

Siggi
Siggi K.
Then it must have prevented drunkenness amongst the Samurai since it is a Japanese tree.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
So you can drink longer and not get drunk and no hangover? So why did they stop doing it? Also, how is it done? Do you use leaves in a tea? Flowers? Can you be harmed by using it? Can you OD on it? Think I'll wait til they have those answers. Don't drink much anyway...
Caesar audieritis hoc