Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shields,spears,swords etc...
I need to ask for a pictures of genuine archaic or at least classical spear points and xyphos. I had many nice ones but lost it when my laptop left this world :?

Also, is the Boston Museum aspis the only full bronze faced archaic shield known. Dating of 550 BC is interesting to me, is it true? While we are at it, might I ask what a lump in the center of it is?

[Image: SC66044.fpx&obj=iip,1.0&wid=960&cvt=jpeg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nikolas Gulan
No, there is the Vatican one, and also the one in the Agora Museum in Athens.
There may be more, those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
I have pics of the Vatican one on my FB page.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:While we are at it, might I ask what a lump in the center of it is?

What you are looking at are the upper rivets for the porpax. The lower rivets are not seen because the shield is damaged, but you can see where they were. It is an interesting feature of the aspis that the porpax is only riveted where the cuff portion joins the shield face. The long strap extending up and down is not secured to the face in the shields I know of.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"
Missed this somehow.

Thank you Paul for that info.

No one has any spear points to share??
Nikolas Gulan