Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aetius: Attila\'s Nemesis
Just to let anybody with an interest in ‘Aetius: Attila’s Nemesis’ know, I have just had a conversation with my editor, and unfortunately, due to technical problems with the publisher, the book is running late. The revised estimate is somewhere towards the end of March. Sorry!
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II
Cool will look forward to this book, Aetius is a favorite of mine. What's the release date?
As always looking forward to your books Ian. Waiting will not spoil that. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Unfortunately, there's no specific date for release: P&S are aiming for 'as early in the month as is possible'. Could be June, then! :wink: :lol: By the way, you could have given us all a hint that Aetius is a favourite!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind words Robert. Gestures of appreciation are always welcomed with open arms. :grin:
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
Lol yeah.

It's hard to find good books on him the old ones they don't sell anymore. I've memorized his entire life (kinda creepy when you think about it) along with most of the Fall of the Western Empire.
Quote:By the way, you could have given us all a hint that Aetius is a favourite!!
Me? Heck no, I'm rooting for Attila!
(Joking of course). 8-)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hello folks,

sorry for the delay, but Aetius is now set for publication in mid-April. Unfortunately, it's a 'publisher' thing and there's nothing I can do except apologise. After the long wait I just hope people aren't disappointed! Sad
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
Speaking of Aetius, have people seen the miniseries Attila? Powers Boothe played Aetius. Any comments on that series?
Caesar audieritis hoc
No but saw a documentary on him last night...a repeat.
Interesting info on the tradition of deformation of the skulls of the infants and scarring of the new borns.
I imagine if anything would turn a healthy child into a psychotoc killer, having your brain
squashed would!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I guess its all depending on what your priorities are...a swarm of psychotic killers is pretty scary on a battlefield... not like they were trying to build a civilisation or something dumb like that. What was the purpose of skull deformation? Just to look scary?
Caesar audieritis hoc
Well, if that was it, it works for me! Wink
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Speaking of Aetius, have people seen the miniseries Attila? Powers Boothe played Aetius. Any comments on that series?
Awful? :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans