Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeological Vandalism
So very annoying... mosaic vandalised Cry
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
What words can one say other than disgraceful.
Brian Stobbs
First I was shocked - again? But it seems we reported this one before. Still a barbarous act of robbery, but I'm glad it wasn't the second one in as many months.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:First I was shocked - again? But it seems we reported this one before. Still a barbarous act of robbery, but I'm glad it wasn't the second one in as many months.

Oops sorry!

I hadn't realised it was already discussed :oops:

At least is ISN'T a second raid as you feared!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Have you seen this annoying bit of looting;
http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-spi...ctive-past

I trust you'll be enfilading Vindex
Quote: I trust you'll be enfilading Vindex

Of a certainty! :mrgreen:
Moi Watson

This mosaic was one of the best we had in Spain. It is clearly a robbery commisioned from some collector. In the near city of Clunia there has been some other robberys of big pieces. It happens to be that my first reenactment event was in that village, in 2005. The locals had a a good ammount of their economy based in tourism related to the Villa. So the collector has not only stealed a patrimonial asset, but also the bread from many locals.

In Spain we have a large roman heritage, but its protection... well, now with the crisis, is even less effective. Sad
David P. Sandoval
(Ludi Laietani - Athenea Promakhos)