Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Hobby
Hey guys if you like to reenact like me and your near the fine state of GA id suggest checking out this LARP called avegost. They have a full roman/Byzantine type culture and the decorum is period as well as having full contact combat, very european in nature. www.avegost.com, I went a few times, really a great kick between sessions or to fill the wait between events.
I tried to fill in the boreing gaps between events by joining a few groups.
I am now considering cross period re-enacting...I may join the Wehrmacht or the waffelin boys...
plus greek and even Viking...sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but it got me thnking Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
That link doesn't seem to work for me. :-?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
SAme here, thought it was just the content blocked by company.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
The link has an embedded comma at the end. Here's a working one.

http://www.avegost.com/
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Yeah sorry about the link, but yeah that is the one. I just started playing a centurion type character just the other day. I had a lot of fun and was able to use almost all of my re enactment gear. What I like about it is that it was more of an economy and town simulated game than anything. I got to train the town guard and do some roman style marching drills and enter my boys into a local tourney. Lots of fun!
So Leon, after poking through the site for a few minutes, it appears to be a SCA like event, but with less dangerous weapons than the SCA's rattan sticks? If so, that is pretty cool because you could do a Roman era costume without worrying about someone constantly cracking at your more exposed areas and feeling the effect of full force blow of a wooden sword
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Quote:I tried to fill in the boreing gaps between events by joining a few groups.
I am now considering cross period re-enacting...I may join the Wehrmacht or the waffelin boys...
plus greek and even Viking...sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but it got me thnking Smile

Perhaps I am mistaken, but don't you have a Greek kit Byron?
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
I am just starting to get that together. I have a boeotian for greek/republican roman cavalry, a dory to comlete, and waiting on cornthian, aspis, cuirass. should have my greaves this week! Smile
I wish I could be home more to work on things!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yeah its just like an SCA event with calimacil weapons, its a blast with no threat to your props. There is another event this weekend, im hooked on this group, if your in the area I would highly suggest you check it out. Its in waycross GA, let me know if you guys have questions.