Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet a Horseman
Well, my idea of one anyway.

I am not normally given to liking "trick horsemanship" such as Parelli and some of the off shoot of Monty Roberts (although I have a huge amount of respect for him). But his is quite possibly liberty trainng at its best and shows you the relationship you can have with a horse when you take the time to work with the horse rather than dictating to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ZmDkhqh...e=youtu.be
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thanks, that was a pleasure to watch.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
...and no horse's back teeth were harmed in the making of this film... :twisted:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Amazing film Smile ot must take hours and hours of training to get horses to do this , The horses realy do have a bond with the guy you can tell Smile
Simon Burrows.
That was wonderful to see someone else have a true bond with horses! Thank you very much.
My aunt, who introduced me to many horses and then they taught me, always said that the best thing you can do is to learn their language, equine she calls it, and then spend time with them. Lots of it. Not the passive "clean their stall" kind, but real interaction with them. It takes a long time and most people do not have the patience for it.

If you look one Honza's website he has a teaching syllabus. It looks good.
It looks like the horses basically accept him as one of the herd. Sometimes they look and act like big dogs. Wonderful to see that kind of love between all of them.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meet Parthian & Selucid singles Gaius Decius Aquilius 13 2,755 09-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar