Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT HELP ON \"HIPPOSANDALS!\"
Hi everyone out there!!

I need as MUCH help as I can get URGENTLY (for TOMORROW!!) about hippo sandals.

A blacksmith is reconstructing these hipposandals with me tomorrow but I need to get as much information as possible about making them and putting them on.

I NEED SOME GOOD PICTURES OF HIPPO SANDALS BEING ATTACHED TO A HORSE'S HOOF.

Has anyone out there reconstructed a hippo sandal before? and has any pictures?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many, many thanks,

Catherine

P.S if anyone does have any pictues please send them to my email address [email protected]
I assume you've lost my email address as I have some info to send you on this from over two months ago!

[email protected]
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Dear Moira,

Thank you so much and yes, I am very sorry to say that I did lose it!! :S

Have just sent you an email.

Many thanks
Moira, in the end I went down to Devon and Dave Budd, originally an archaeologist who is now a blacksmith and makes many things including knives and tools, reconstructed the hipposandal for me. It worked so well and I will email you some pictures of the end product! Thanks for your help again! Catherine Tongue
Catherine, would you mind sending me those pictures, too. I'm very interested in them.
Many thanks in advance.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Moira, in the end I went down to Devon and Dave Budd, originally an archaeologist who is now a blacksmith and makes many things including knives and tools, reconstructed the hipposandal for me. It worked so well and I will email you some pictures of the end product! Thanks for your help again! Catherine Tongue

That's great Catherine. Thank you.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!