Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody else interested in re-enacting Persian
Hi all

Please move if this is in the wrong area ... wasn't entirely sure where to put it!

I've now more-or less completed my Sassanian kit (just a few little bits to clear up) and will hopefully start work on my 8th Century Sogdian kit soon. Would anyone else (in the UK) be interested in forming a group around either the Parthian, Sassanian, or Sogdian eras?

As fun as it is doing these things alone, it would be nice to have a few others to play with :mrgreen:

Thanks
Nadeem Ahmad

Eran ud Turan - reconstructing the Iranian and Indian world between Alexander and Islam
https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan
Just moved it.. a bit. :wink:

A group around such outlandish themes might be a bit much to ask, wouldn't it? But if you can do it as a sideline with a group that does Roman cavalry, perhaps?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Well, always had a great interest in the ancient armies of that area and would love to get some kit, but I'm not in the UK and I think in the Netherlands there hardly is any event to go too, as it isn't 'local history'.

(Just to mention I started re-enactment doing 7th century Arabian world and early 'holy land')
ALA I BATAVORUM
Yes, I also 'play around' with the British Bronze Age, and have to accept that where I am in the north of Britain, I am a one-man-band!
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
I saw your excellent kit at Chester. Whilst its not really my area of interest if i can be of any help please just ask
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum
One reason I moved south of the border..LOL
OK there were a couple of us by the time I had left, but I had decided I wanted a change of scenery before than.

I would love to get kitted out in heavy armour, Nadeem, but as I have started out with Roman, I cannot afford to deviate at this stage. (Now, when I win the Lottery, I'll give you a nod) 8-)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks. It is encouraging to see that even though there isn't that much interest in obtaining and wearing the kit there's some interest in seeing and learning about it Smile and teaching others about it has always been one of my most important goals.

Also encouraging to hear there are other one man armies out there too!

Jurjen - that will be interesting to see! If you're ever here again it would be great to meet up (as two warriors on different sides of the Arab conquest).

Robert - sidelining it with a Roman group is what I have been doing, although I did want to see if there might be any interest in expanding it.

Thanks all :-D
Nadeem Ahmad

Eran ud Turan - reconstructing the Iranian and Indian world between Alexander and Islam
https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan