Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian
Here are the additional pictures of the Dioskouri Corinthian. Like all things shiny and metal the nuances are hard to capture.
Of particular note will be the ocular rims. These are not simply raised rims of uniform thickness as on cheaply made helmets.
Like the original helmets the rims are actually reflexive of the thickness and the 'roll' around the eye socket from the needle
thin outside corner to a near flat interior bezel which accurately decends into the nasal piece. This rolling edge tracing the
line of the upper edge of the eye is clearly seen on artifact helmets of this type. The lower rim does not have the 'rolling'
characteristic but it is uniform in depth but not in width; it mimics the eye's shape as it progresses to the outer edge. The
'eyeliner' at the outer edge of the ocular rims and the needle like joining of the lower rims where cheek and neck meet are not
simply put in with a Craftsman engraver tool. These are raised sculpted features like the eye rims. These are unique features of
these Zenith Corinthian types and represent the highest form these helmets attained.

They were also a major pain in the ass and I can well see why no one has made one like this before!!!

But here it is after a year and a half. A full Bronze Corinthian, completely one piece. NO welds, NO seams. Everything exactly
proportionate and the helmet perches back on the head as it should without complaint or balancing. It was not restrictive of sight
or hearing particularly and was comfortable to wear all day. I did note that the helmet is very tough and I would expect it would
be pretty impenetrable as it is now and absolutely so in the actual alloy these were actually made in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michael

Messages In This Thread
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian - by Dioskouri - 10-13-2012, 03:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kopis From Dioskouri katsika 54 13,910 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Daniel S.
  dioskouri KrimzonKnight 1 1,999 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: katsika