Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian
I hear you! That is precisely why I wanted to get in line ASAP to get mine. :mrgreen:

I still am not clear on the price because I am assuming there could be small discrepancies in material costs and custom adornments. I do know that it is more than reasonable, due to the amount of labor and care that goes into each individual helmet.

Dioskouri requests that you who are interested in purchasing, to send a template of your head to them so a proper, custom fit will be ensured. This is normally done by taking a coat hanger wire and wrapping it around your head so it fits like a hat (I wired and soldered the ends together and also soldered inside cross braces to keep the postal chimps from destroying it en route). Then, after it is constructed, a wax model will be sent to you for sizing and adjustments (preferences, etc.). After you are happy with the fit, return it to Dioskouri for the final bronze work. This takes a couple of months (generally speaking), but the results yield a REAL Corinthian just like the ancient Greeks had. :wink: If you want a crest added, these prices will also vary slightly depending on requirements from the purchaser. Crests are attached with pitch - NO holes are drilled - this is generally how it was done back then - that sucker AIN'T coming off unless you want it to! . Pricing on this is also very reasonable, especially when compared to other less impressive, less accurate crests offered almost everywhere else.

I realize all this information might seem somewhat vague, as I am only a customer as well, but it is a starting point. Contact Dioskouri directly for any final information.

www.dioskouri.com
Bill

Messages In This Thread
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian - by katsika - 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kopis From Dioskouri katsika 54 13,906 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Daniel S.
  dioskouri KrimzonKnight 1 1,999 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: katsika