Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian
Dioskouri's statement regarding the way these helmets are made (if you had bothered to check the original claims) states that these helmets are made like the originals (i.e. one piece, not welded). Those last words are the qualifiers - Dioskouri doesn't claim to hold the secrets of ancient helmet making - NO ONE knows these methods, so instead we get (up 'til Dioskouri's efforts) air-hammered pieces which are then welded together. Somehow, the "logic" escapes me as to how this method is more accurate than one that produces a solid, one piece, seamless helmet (like the ancient ones are). The Greeks didn't have pneumatic hmmers, nor did they ever weld their helmets together from pieces. If "accuracy" is predicated solely on weight and thickness in your opinion, then this leaves us with very few options - none of which produces a truly authentic effort. I never bashed Manning. If you will take the time to re-read my thread, you will see I never used the word "Manning" once. Knee-jerk sensitivities like this (putting words in my mouth) are invalid argument platforms. One wonders if you might have connections with the afore mentioned armorer, prompting such an unprovoked, vigorous defense(?). In any case, I cannot reconcile in my mind how any helmet that is stamped and welded is held as superior (in any way) in integrity to a solid, one piece (like the originals are), or deemed more authentic.
Bill

Messages In This Thread
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian - by katsika - 10-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kopis From Dioskouri katsika 54 13,910 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Daniel S.
  dioskouri KrimzonKnight 1 1,999 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: katsika