Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hadrianic Cingulum
Quote:Jay.

I would not take that as being absoloute evidence for 1st century belts having fewer plates.

Of course but he said he was shopping based on price for the plates. If he uses fewer plates he could buy the ones he likes rather than buying more of the cheaper plates he doesn't like as much.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
i have just roughly calculated the expense of a custom belt with 10-12 plates and it is well above my budget Sad

where i can buy a complete belt that i can easily modify shortening the apron?

i was thinking about the depeeka belt affered by armamentaria or armillum, what do you think about?
gabriele becattini
PM Sent.

The Armentaria/Deepeeka belt set is nice, solid and looks good, but has rivet issues that need fixing first. Aa I said, a more detailed PM sent Smile
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
You can easily modify any of the deepeeka belts. You can completely remove all the brassware, and tin some of the components if you want, as well as add new rivets to the pieces. It's a cheap way to get components.

www.quietpress.com has some cheap components...you can always go with plain tinned belt plates too. All you need to buy then is a buckle and frogs. The terminal ends and danglies can be made from sheet brass. Apron studs can be bought off Ebay...just search for brass blanks (usually found with jewelers and beading supplies).

Legion: TBD
could you explain me how tin a plate?

the depeeka belt is for sure the cheapest option that i have considering that the leather belt is already included and that i can save some studs shortening the apron, i was thinking to use the surplus for my gladius baldric
gabriele becattini
You could also try Armillum in Spain.
They make some good belts, which can be easily modified!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel