Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even Xanten has its local nutter.......
Indeed it looks like original Gladiator kit. Might have been expensive. But still.

Public ridicule on a forum where you have to be a member to see the photos, I think not.
He also is on FB already.

People worldwide post funny pictures about any subject, heck it even seems funny to watch a video in which insurgents blow themselves up because something goes wrong.

What is a little fun then ? It is simple.

Apparently this man who is an enthousiast shows up in what could be described as the most funny gear ever worn on an event. He was a member of the audience. So my question is :

Which of the re-enactors visiting this event actually spoke to him, explained that his gear was "not all there" in a polite way and encouraged him to join a society ?

Remove the beam out of your own eyes before trying to remove the splinter in someone else his eye, a certain Judaean rebel once said.

so let it be clear.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Don't know about the shield but the rest of the kit looks like Deepeeka.
Normaly Xanten discourages adult visitors in costume, but obviously theymake an exception at schwerter brot und spiele.
I can still remember a Cleopatra with entourage, looking right out of a sandal movie from 2009. I also noticed the strange female rider Jurjen is referring to. And somehow two Danish? Deepeeka Gladiators also managed to sneak intothePompa on Saturday.
Olaf Küppers - Histotainment, Event und Promotion - Germany
Hi all
Having now found out that he was in the audience i can see no problem with the guy or what he is wearing...he is an enthusiast having fun and playing the part, not a re-enactor.
An extreme example, but similar in outcome is The Rocky Horror Picture Show....everyone dresses up there but look like no one from the film....he's having fun, leave him alone.
Kevin
Kevin
Greetings,

I refuse to comment on his kit as all I have is excellent soft kit, quite a collection of 1st AD pottery and 3 real nice weapons...Thank you Claire, Andreas Gobinius (Andrzej P) and Matt Lukes.

However, did anyone else see this image and think, Mark Wahlberg, but a bit heavier?

Possibly just me but it was my first reaction.

Regards,

B. Yurko Mikels
Sextus Mummius Tiro

Aut disce, aut discede!
Either learn, or leave!
Well I think you are all being quite beastly to the poor chap. I think Piotr has made great efforts to improve the standard of his kit since Chester :mrgreen:

Ps before anyone takes umbrage I apologise for my ironic British sense of humour but I couldn't resist.
Marc Byrne
Quote:Well I think you are all being quite beastly to the poor chap. I think Piotr has made great efforts to improve the standard of his kit since Chester

LOL Please dont start that again
Kevin
Kevin