Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome: Total War II
Quote:I think he means "uneducated public" as in: "noob gamers who (inappropriate act) to every new game they see because it has good graphics and that's all they care about."

The new Halos developed that problem (by that I mean every Halo since Halo 3).

The "uneducated masses" don't care for quality in a story or anything anymore, thanks to the bullet-spamming graphics whoring mechanics of Call of Duty and other games that just want to invite 3 year olds to whine about me "killing them" thinking they're so amazing and invincible.

You are so correct. I love battlefield 4 because its intended to be alot more tactical then CoD but with 'uneducated masses' its so hard to get a good squad together that works together strategically to win the battle. all too often you get a kid that just runs off on his own against like 10+ guys and gets killed again and again, then crys about it. drives me crazy.
David C
Yeah I know what you mean... Nobody has Strategy.

In RTW games all the masses care about is how fancy the graphics are and how cool the guys look. They spam urban cohorts in online battles and have no tact, and don't understand when my Auxilliaries absolutely crush their urban cohort flanks.
I am curious if they have fixed a lot in Ceasar in Gaul. And i hope they will implement this into the main game for free. That's my last hope...
Marc Beermann
The issue is that in the last games we have lost the only important feature of the TW games: The corrispondence between strategic map and tactical map, that is, now the TW games are no more true wargames, because you cannot anymore use the terrain as a simulation of the real war.

In the old RTW, the Strategic map was mirrored in the Tactic map of the battlefield, so in the old RTW you could reenact the strategy (with limitations of course, but the idea should be developed and not discarded!), but now there are only pre-built sets of terrain, you cannot anymore choose carefully the right ground to find yourself in the better position during the battles, these choices cannot be changed with the modding activity, they are structural of the game.

The map is a shame! In Italy we have a huge town in North Italy, occupying the whole Po Valley, you know that between Liguria and the Vetian coast thre were at least three large cultures: The Ligurian Tibes, the Cisalpine Gauls, and the Veneti, now in game they have placed a big gigantic town ... and Job done!.... a part the fact that this is also aestetically a horrid choice, com'on! How can you represent the Roman History in this way? How can you insult the Roman Legacy in this way? How can you misunderstand the ancient history of Europe in this way? I have closed with the TW games.
Quote:Yeah I know what you mean... Nobody has Strategy.

In RTW games all the masses care about is how fancy the graphics are and how cool the guys look. They spam urban cohorts in online battles and have no tact, and don't understand when my Auxilliaries absolutely crush their urban cohort flanks.

That's why I enjoy the game, and am sticking by it as a good game. For the most part other players are stupid and the AI was just as stupid but as they develop patches to fix the AI its getting better and you have to be more tactical. My faith in creative assembly was rattled abit at first but i'm keeping faith and noticing with every new patch it does get better and eventually it'll be a fantastic game. I love the challenge to create a battle strategy and able to adapt it as I see how the enemy deploys their own strategy.
David C
Quote:Yeah I know what you mean... Nobody has Strategy.

The issue id that in the last games we have lost the only important thing of the TW games: The corrispondence between strategic map and tactic map, that is, now the TW games are no more true wargames, because you cannot anymore use the terrain as a simulation of the real war.

In the old RTW, the Strategic map was mirrored in the Tactic map of the battlefield, so in the old RTW you could reenact the strategy (with limitations of course, but the idea should be developed and not discarded!), but now there are only pre-built sets of terrain, you cannot anymore choose carefully the right ground to find yourself in the better position during the battles, these choices cannot be changed with the modding activity, they are structural of the game.

The map is a shame! In Italy we have a huge town in North Italy, occupying the whole Po Valley, you know that between Liguria and the Vetian coast thre were at least three large cultures: The Ligurian Tribes, the Cisalpine Gauls, and the Veneti, now in game they have placed a big gigantic town ... and Job done!.... a part the fact that this is also aestetically a horrid choice, com'on! How can you represent the Roman History in this way? I have closed with the TW games.

I've tryed to post this small thought yesterday but it was impossible .. so I post again what I think in the hope being able to see it online.
Quote:The map is a shame! In Italy we have a huge town in North Italy, occupying the whole Po Valley, you know that between Liguria and the Vetian coast thre were at least three large cultures: The Ligurian Tibes, the Cisalpine Gauls, and the Veneti, now in game they have placed a big gigantic town ... and Job done!....
I'm not sure what you mean? The three tribes are still there, 3 regions making up Cisalpine Gaul: the Ligurians are (still my allies, heheh Cool ), I just conquered Milan (ÿour armies trampled this faction into dust"), and my next target will be the Veneti. That 'big town' is just a visual aid, most towns seem supersized anyway, but then they also were not 1:1 in RTW 1, either.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Diocle post=347874 Wrote:The map is a shame! In Italy we have a huge town in North Italy, occupying the whole Po Valley, you know that between Liguria and the Vetian coast thre were at least three large cultures: The Ligurian Tibes, the Cisalpine Gauls, and the Veneti, now in game they have placed a big gigantic town ... and Job done!....
I'm not sure what you mean? The three tribes are still there, 3 regions making up Cisalpine Gaul: the Ligurians are (still my allies, heheh Cool ), I just conquered Milan (ÿour armies trampled this faction into dust"), and my next target will be the Veneti. That 'big town' is just a visual aid, most towns seem supersized anyway, but then they also were not 1:1 in RTW 1, either.

Stones! We were famous for throwing stones from the mountains .... here the mountains are all roks, ravines and stones ... a lot of stones ... 8+)
The modern day Milanese aren't Celtic.... but let's not get into Ethnogenesis here.

I think the "city" thing was ripped off from Civilization where your city gets bigger and bigger as you advance.
Quote:I am curious if they have fixed a lot in Ceasar in Gaul. And i hope they will implement this into the main game for free. That's my last hope...

Caesar in Gaul will be around $15 dollars and will come out sometime next week I believe. Definitely not for free. Sorry to crush your hopes Tongue
Caesar in Gaul will be around $15 dollars and will come out sometime next week I believe. Definitely not for free. Sorry to crush your hopes Tongue[/quote]

Yes i know, but i hope they will implement the fixes in gaul in the main game. So a fix for free that will make the main game better. If they have even fixed it, which i seriously doubt.
Marc Beermann
Quote:Caesar in Gaul will be around $15 dollars and will come out sometime next week I believe. Definitely not for free. Sorry to crush your hopes Tongue

Yes i know, but i hope they will implement the fixes in gaul in the main game. So a fix for free that will make the main game better. If they have even fixed it, which i seriously doubt.[/quote]

I'm not sure there are actually any fixes in the Caesar in Gaul expansion. I think it might just be more content.
I that case they should definitley shame themselves *sigh* i hope they will ever fix this game into what is was suppose to be.
Marc Beermann
I love how the justification for the poor siege build times is that "Sieges tended to take a lot of time."
Andrew S.
Sieges where they intended to starve out a city or didnt have enough troops for an assault took a long time. Even the Huns could build a battering ram in a few days.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,226 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,883 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome Total Realism Is Back! ahowl11 16 10,404 09-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs