Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome: Total War II
Quote: Too bad it looks like you need a supercomputer to run it. A small niggle though, what does the Creative Assembly have against belts? None of the Roman Hastati/Principes? had belts. The same with many of the soldiers in Napoleon: Total War. They love sashes it seems.

Details such as belts and scabbards will be added later in development (additionally, the pila-on-back thing will have disappeared). A lot of what we see here is pre-alpha, so the game will be much improved by the time it comes out in late 2013.

I've been looking into this game quite a bit, and I can genuinely say it sounds like it is going to be pretty amazing. They are making a big effort to be as accurate as possible (but still end up with a playable game), especially with the appearance of troops (I'm especially liking the variation in equipment). In addition, the in-game fighting animations will be very good, I have read that animations such as shield-bashing and head-butting.

Also there will be formations like the wedge for Roman troops, and the Greek and Macedonian phalanxes will be treated separately.

If you want to keep updated I'd recommend heading down to the TWCenter forum for TW:R2 where you can find out the latest information etc..

EDIT: Some new screenshots if you haven't seen them already.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/371...t-gallery/#
Lorenzo Perring Mattiassi

LEGIO XIIII G.M.V (RMRS), COHORS I BATAVORVM MILLIARIA CIVIVM ROMANORVM PIA FIDELIS
Thanks, are those in game screen shots?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yes these have been confirmed as in-game shots. A lot of people have suspected that these shots are from a cutscene/cinematic, but I suspect they have been taken from footage of a battle replay, hence the absence of any user interface.
Lorenzo Perring Mattiassi

LEGIO XIIII G.M.V (RMRS), COHORS I BATAVORVM MILLIARIA CIVIVM ROMANORVM PIA FIDELIS
Great news: according to one of the links on Wikipedia, Rome 2 will be designed to play on a wide range of system specs. It will be optimized to play well even a laptop.

Neat!
Take what you want, and pay for it

-Spanish proverb
Thats great to hear, on both counts!
I play RS on my laptop at present.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
according to CA, this week we'll get some in-game footage Smile
btw, have any of you guys ever played Crusader Kings II? Smile Legacy of Rome dlc is coming out tomorrow Smile
Vinícius Alexandre Rodrigues
Quote:according to CA, this week we'll get some in-game footage Smile
btw, have any of you guys ever played Crusader Kings II? Smile Legacy of Rome dlc is coming out tomorrow Smile

I have it but I'm out of money to buy the expansion.
I'm still playing the first RTW (and loving it). Now the Gods have answered my prayers and come up with a sequel. Does life get any better than this... (you can tell I am in the throes of finishing a novel can't you?)
Ha ha! Nice one! You should have tried the mods though.
It added a few more years to it for me, apart from system limitations.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
New gameplay footage, as promised for this week:

http://uk.gamespot.com/total-war-rome-ii...i-6398557/

This is 'just' a pre-Alpha demo (the game isn't due till the second half of 2013) but I have to admit I'm tremendously impressed with the look and feel of the game - the camera swoops easily from a top-down plan view, through a cinematic panning shot of the entire city, right down to the level of the individual soldier. Carthage looks amazing, from the realistic use of terrain (I imagine?) to the graffiti adorning urban buildings.

That said, we're still looking only at one small part of the game, and there still isn't much indication of actual gameplay.
If they still have at least 8 months of development time left and it already looks this good... the English language may not suffice to describe the awesomeness of the finished product.
Take what you want, and pay for it

-Spanish proverb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw2S3FxCs...e=youtu.be

Behind the scenes footage of the making of the gsme. It's over half an hour long and rather fascinating...
Here's the official R2TW Forums.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1893
The latest screenshots look great, though some helmet types there seem to be over represented (and at the same time, the Montefortino type is rather under represented):
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthrea...st12313782

Many guys on this forum are of course disappointed that there will be only eight playable factions, when the game will come out.
--- Marcus F. ---
At least they're not all the same. Cool
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,186 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,867 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome Total Realism Is Back! ahowl11 16 10,281 09-25-2016, 02:26 PM