Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiz
Quote:Sparta?

Yes, this is Sparta! Smile

(part of the Spartan acropolis, in fact - although I couldn't be more exact than that since there were no signs anywhere when I visited - or people either. It was completely deserted...)

Over to you, Byron...
Nathan Ross
A bit like the acropolis of Sami...bushes and ruins...and some goats!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
This is my Christmas Present to you!
A very easy one!
What and where is this?
[attachment=6146]72547_447903617131_6240756_n.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Athens, Akropolis north slope?
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Yes indeed! 8-) Merry Christmas!
Over to you.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:This is my Christmas Present to you! A very easy one!
Some seasonal disguising might've made it a little more difficult, Byron!! Wink
[attachment=6147]Byrons_picture.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
[Image: IMG_5895_zpsa245a43c.jpg]

OK, here´s a more difficult one, I think.
What does the name of the ancient site which was situated under and around this medieval structure, mean?
Christian K.

Blimey o'reilly!!!

(That's a comment, not an answer... ;-) )
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:OK, here´s a more difficult one, I think.
That's indeed a difficult one, dear Christian. Can you give us a hint?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
It looks like it's in germany... then again germany has a lot of castles, so that still doesn't help me.
It reminds me of the castle opposite Koblenz which is always aillumated during the "Rihine in Flames" festival but I have NO IDEA what it's called. I thought that was a monastery.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Hint: It oversees one of the four rivers first to flow into the Danube from Danube´s right side.
Christian K.

Bratislava castle

EDIT: Nope that's not it...

2nd EDIT: I'm stumped I can't find anything on my Roman maps in the Morava.
The Danube springs are in Germany, if that helps.
Christian K.

Quote:It oversees one of the four rivers first to flow into the Danube from Danube´s right side.
I'm guessing -- and this is entirely guess-work! -- that you've said "one of the four" (sneaky quizmaster's technique #1) because it's the fourth one, so let's see where that gets us.

The fourth right-side tributary is the River Paar, and the last town you would see if you sailed round from the Danube would be Manching. But I can't see any medieval structures nearby!

Quote:What does the name of the ancient site which was situated under and around this medieval structure, mean?
Oh, Christian. You ask the most convoluted questions! :dizzy: (We really got tied in knots with your Peutinger Table question last time!) If I have hit the correct location, I'm afraid I have no idea what Manching means!
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/