Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romans at Olympic Closing Ceremony
Ok...perhaps not the best representation but where else are you going to get Can Can Centurions, roller sking nuns and Bollywood? Big Grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19238439
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Probably in reference to Life of Brian, I imagine, although I did notice that they were holding their shields in the wrong hand! (Along with everything else...)It was probably the most enjoyable section of the evening over all though.
It was definitely one of the best bits, along with 'The Who'.

I have to say all I keep thinking was "The shields...the shields are all wrong!" As if the rest of it was in any way correct :roll: :grin:
Amy Wallace

A member of Comitatus Late Roman
Reconstruction Group
www.comitatus.net
Arggh. I didn't watch it last night, and now I am even gladder!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Trooper helms and plastic Trajan helms....well done... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I think you need to engage your sense of humour chaps! :roll:

It was better than Take That and The Spice Girls!!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Yes, it was.....apart form the trooper helms and plastic trajans.... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opening Ceremony Events for LONDON 2012.... ? Hibernicus 5 1,803 09-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Hibernicus