Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dude, where\'s my avatar?
While we're waiting for the results of the poll, I am disconnecting the integration between the Social Features and the Forum. Though it seems unlikely at this time, if the members do elect to keep the Social Features around, we can easily 'reforge the chain'. Until that time, your profile on this forum is unlinked from the Social system, and therefore your avatar has gone missing.
To upload a new avatar and update your profile, go here. Your Social system profile (with your avatar) is here if you want to download your old file first.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thank heavens I can put my Avatar back for to be honest it has ruined RAT by taking them away for I could relate to almost everyone by the Avatar they had (somehow it just helped to create the person for me that is.)
Brian Stobbs
Jasper.

I am just a bit confused but HOW DO I put my Avatar back for things have all changed.
Brian Stobbs
Ok, assuming you've got your avatar file (again: download (right-click - Download or Save as) your old one here if you don't have it anymore), go here and click the modest Edit button at the top right (or click that last link rightaway). Click 'Avatar image' and then the 'Browse' button to go to your avatar file and upload it. Done!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Jasper I have tried all you have given me but cannot get my avatar up on site.
I have my old avatar on my desk top and still can't achieve it.
Brian Stobbs
Please try to explain where your progress ends. You've successfully clicked the 'Edit' button (link above), then what?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Jasper
All is now resolved thank you for your kind help and patience, however it looks like you have lost yours.
Brian Stobbs
Nah, I'm just messing with other things. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
OK I just thought that I had lost your happy looking picture what a relief.!!!
Brian Stobbs
Note: today and tomorrow your avatar may still appear and disappear. I'm also transferring as many of the forum files to a separate server for faster service.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Thank you for the info'
Brian Stobbs
It looks as if no one has an avatar now. Life is too short for this nonsense. Why can't we just go back to where we were?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
As I explained above, I'm working on something 'under the hood' to improve and speed up RAT. It may take a day or so for full effect. All I'm asking is that members exercise some patience. I hope that's not too much...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Life is too short for this nonsense. Why can't we just go back to where we were?

Why should upgrading the forum software and getting the mainsite up and running again be called nonsense? I think we can only be happy with all the effort Jasper (and his moderating team) put into this forum!
It's their spare time that keeps the site up and running, right? I better like two days without avatars than a website full of errors, etc.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:I better like two days without avatars than a website full of errors, etc.
If that's all it is, I've no problem with that. It sounded like a lot more.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)