Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod inaction and the future
Quote:Then may I suggest you read my posting, especially the one titled “The Roman Legion and the Cosmos.”

Quote:I will certainly search for and read that thread.
'The Cosmology of the Roman Legion' is probably the thread that antiochus has in mind.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Here are the links. My were bleeding by the end.
http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/17-roma...ation.html
http://www.ancient-warfare.org/rat/17-ro...ction.html
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
This is the one I mentioned:
http://www.ancient-warfare.org/rat/17-ro...egion.html
Michael King Macdona

Here is another thread in which antiochus' theories were put to the test. Trolling or serious criticism?
http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/17-roma...roops.html
Michael King Macdona

Quote: Do you really want to deal with the “Gaius was mean to me!” complaints? Is it best for us members to expect you to monitor our niceness?
@ Epictetus Do you think we don't get six or ten of these in a normal week, either directed to the Staff in general, or to individual Moderators by PM or private email?

And yes, moderators have and will continue to ask individuals to self-edit their posts if we think they are provocative, rude, or trolling. That's what moderators do, and that's the least fun part of the all-volunteer staff. If those individuals aren't willing to do so, their posts will be edited by staff. This is not a public place, really, it's a private website to which we all have access. People who create an unhealthy, unfriendly, or unsafe environment for the membership will be censored, like it or not, and some will be/have been taken offline for a term, or forever. That's just the way it goes. So be excellent to one another, and party on, Dudes!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
KEEP CALM

AND

CARRY ON POSTING

Smile
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:So be excellent to one another, and party on, Dudes!
I love that! :-D
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Blah blah blah, I wanna FIGHT :x !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7532GXPn...re=related
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:
KEEP CALM

AND

[strike]CARRY ON POSTING[/strike]

DON'T BLINK

Tongue
Quote:
Quote: Do you really want to deal with the “Gaius was mean to me!” complaints? Is it best for us members to expect you to monitor our niceness?
@ Epictetus Do you think we don't get six or ten of these in a normal week, either directed to the Staff in general, or to individual Moderators by PM or private email?

So be excellent to one another, and party on, Dudes!

Wow, I only generate 10 complaints a week..... Cry
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
As if you were the only Gaius? Heh. :-D Confusedilly:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Wow, I only generate 10 complaints a week..... Cry

Sorry! I was only trying to use a common name.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:
M. Demetrius post=324778 Wrote:

So be excellent to one another, and party on, Dudes!

Wow, I only generate 10 complaints a week..... Cry

That's nothing. Most people hate me, but think that their lives aren't interesting without me xD

EDIT: Also, looking forward to the list of new moderators.
Quote: That's nothing. Most people hate me, but think that their lives aren't interesting without me xD

EDIT: Also, looking forward to the list of new moderators.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you :woot:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!