Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawings available
I created a Google sites page in order to make my blade drawings available. If anyone would like to check them out please feel free to do so. Files only take seconds to load. Drawing site

I also put in a few photo examples if you follow the link on the drawings page.

None of this is complete but the Google sites page is much quicker to load than the previous upload site that I had used. I plan to put actual DWG files into the links but at this time I only have PDF drawings loaded.

I appreciate any input from you folks on here.
Thanks Jim. I have just been to your site and had a look over the content. I certainly am no expert on blades etc, but I do think it is a very valuable resource indeed.
My mate and I are planning on making our own swords and daggers, so this site will be great for us.
Thanks so much and well done!
Phil McKay
Illustrator
www.philmckay.com
Good job Jim and this will be a great assist to those wanting to construct their own weapons. At least they won't have to research the many different options before commencing their own designs. Thanks for the effort.
Manius Acilius Italicus
Thanks for the input guys. I just added the "Sword of Tiberius" (from Mainz Germany) that is in the British Museum. They provided a really nice high quality image that I made the drawing from and my earlier Mainz designs were actually quite close in style. I may have to do a little tweaking but I think most of the designs closely match historical samples though my wide Mainz may be a bit too wide at the wide section behind the point.

If anyone notices any errors I would appreciate being corrected. I am striving for at least generally acceptable historical accuracy. I may put in pila and other weapons later.

thanks again

Jim