Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronze Chase Work and Repousse\'
I wanted to share some images of the latest bunch of repousse' I have done (in conjunction with Dioskouri). Some of them are from my latest personal spolas and yet others are for clients. The ones that follow a "Jason & the Argonauts" theme are mine and the rest (the smooth, basic ones) are on their way to Dioskouri for the final chasing to bring out the pazazz! :wink:
BTW: I also included a picture of my bronze washers (which back the bone tie-down knobs). You can see these in the pictures I posted in another thread.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill
Yep, I would be feeling good about myself If I had done this!
Congratulations!
regards
Richard
I do like your chasing work and repousse' for it is a subject I have been into for many years now, one of your figures that interests me is the Ram's head but more so the background field work which is very good in fact how have you achived this very fine finish.
Then where you mention the Dioskouri here are a couple of pictures of the Dioskouri I did on a horse chamfron some time back.
[attachment=5185]100-0007_IMGSmall.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=5186]100-0012_IMGSmall.JPG[/attachment]

Brian Stobbs
Very nice work indeed! :cheer:

When I get pictures back of the finished pieces (hoplite, gryphon and falcon), I will post them as well. Confusedmile:
Bill
Bill.

Thank you for the kind comment but I have to say again the background work on that Ram figure is very good indeed is this work carried out by hand for I love the texture it has just great.
Brian Stobbs
These are collaborative works - I do the initial repousse' then Dioskouri hand-details them (sometimes according to instructions, and sometimes not!). I have always been pleased with the chasing applied to my initial works, as it really brings out the "Greek" in them! You can see more examples of this in the Manning Helmet Embellishments thread and my Dioskouri Kopis thread.
Bill
Here are some shots of the finished bronze plates. Some are very close-up details so you can see just how fine the chasing lines really are. They truly are a nice addition to the panoply and a nice tribute to "Castor"! Confusedmile:

Bill
Here are some shots of the finished bronze plates. Some are very close-up details so you can see just how fine the chasing lines really are. They truly are a nice addition to the panoply and a nice tribute to "Castor"! Confusedmile:

Bill
That is really fantastic work! I like the roundels and the Rams head Brian commented on i the ifrst pitures as well!
Who ever has thei on their kit will be proud indeed!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thank you so much! We are indeed proud to wear these items - I only wish it was possible to show them in person, as the photos do not do justice at all!
Bill
Bill, do you take commisions?
ALA I BATAVORUM
Certainly.
Bill
That great to hear indeed!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel