Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paenula / Sagum help needed
Hi all,

This thread may belong more in Gaming and Modelling, but I need help from people in this area. I am modelling some Roman outfits and I ran into difficulties when trying to create a functioning-looking Roman sagum or paenula cape. Specifically, I need the kind of look where the sagum or paenula leaves the front of the body open as much as possible, so that you can still fight in it.
The images I find on Google that show these capes worn in such an open position make it look really complicated and there isn't a 3D view which could show me how such a cloak is supposed to bend and overlap around the body when worn. All those folds and flaps confuse me.

If anyone of you has (or can obtain) 4 pictures of themselves or their friends wearing it - front, 2 sides, and back - showing a 360 degree view, and maybe even pictures of how to put one on, please post some here.
Regards,

Andre
http://www.larp.com/legioxx/cloak.html

As always, Matt's site has the how-to.
If you go to the search function on RAT, and put in paenula, you will find many pictures of different people's cloaks. Hope that helps.

Using cheap blankets, you could make one for yourself, or you could use cotton flannel for a mock up, and get somebody to take exactly the pictures you need for your modelling. Just sayin'
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed with a roman cloak or "sagum".... Virilis 36 13,400 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat