Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roman warship
Its taken a long while to get here but hopefully the shots will come out, this is the result of combining two zvesda biremes to make one nearer 28mm scale, the other boat is whats left after i had assembled the bits....still got two models from two models lol still waiting for the diorama to come about, but hey...Rome wasnt built in a day lol

martin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
Nice one! I'm just starting on a republican era Naval diorama!
Hopefully will be able to recreate a Punic War period scene!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hope its not 28mm scale Byron..............could be tad expensive lol, i am getting zvesda biremes when they are cheap or on offer so maybe feeling another conversion coming along before the diorama lol
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
oh just starting a turf and timber milecastle in 1/56 was going to build a fort till i saw how big the milecastle is going to be lol just building the wooden pallisade at moment, both side walls and corners done and just assembling the main gatehouse..............i knew there would be a use for the coffe shop stirrers i had been 'collecting' :whistle: when thats done work will commence on a duplicate gatehouse for the rear wall and the rest of the pallisade...this is the easy bit, i will then have to make the turf rampart! oh well boys will be boys :grin: I suppose this will be put on hold if its not done before the season commences next year mmmmmm thats a few months away i suppose, will post some pics when i have the camera to hand.

ps, Why dont you have a pirate action then you can say thinks like avast there and shiver me timbers and ahoy matey etc etc :lol:

martin
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
But you could only do that on "Talk like aPirate" day! Wink

No, it's 1/72 scale fortunately there are plenty of republican era
Infantry and cavalry available!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
oooo mounted ship to ship action lol
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
Ha ha! Yeah, I am wondering how to incorporate it. Possibly a landfall, , with new troops landing in Africa,
being met by Cavalry already there, as I doubt I will have room for a fleet action.
However, I was initially planning on a Caesarian scene, until I found the ship last month. :-P
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel