Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Weapons and Armour mod for Skyrim
Fantastic stuff! Very well done. It's extremely interesting to follow your research, and see the limitations placed by the game engine on how creative you can be. You've explained your decisions very well so I wouldn't have much to critique. Some things you probably can't do much to change, like the sword and dagger being the wrong way round and the former slung too low.

With regards to the armour, I think you're right to not go for a grubby, worn look - in fact, the brighter, shinier and more elaborate the better, which is a bit of a contrast to regular Skyrim armour! The one armour category you are missing is scale, which would probably work quite well in the Skyrim graphics engine, as it has larger individual components than ringmail and should therefore be easier to make look authentic.

I also think the manica should possibly be a bit larger, covering the full length of the arm and sitting on top of the tunic rather than under.

It's an interesting question whether or not the Romans had work gloves - presumably if they did they were of fur or soft leather which would have long since decayed. I'm not aware of any artistic representations or archaeological examples, but it's an interesting issue. With regards to northern clothing - do your models have breeches or trousers at all? Skyrim's climate is all over the place but if you're pushing for that theme it might be more appropriate to have cold-weather dress (including full boots, or at least socks).

Are you planning to do different types of shield, such as the rectangular/oval shields? (Does shield area and shape actually have a noticeable effect in the Skyrim engine?) Also, are there plans to expand the mod to affect horse appearance as well?

Messages In This Thread
Roman Weapons and Armour mod for Skyrim - by Jedo - 11-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Roman Weapons and Armour mod for Skyrim - by Robert Matthew - 11-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Roman Weapons and Armour mod for Skyrim - by Jedo - 11-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Roman Weapons and Armour mod for Skyrim - by Jedo - 04-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Roman Weapons and Armour mod for Skyrim - by Thomas - 01-12-2015, 03:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Roman Era - Skyrim Roman conversion Jedo 1 4,326 04-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs