Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Armillum
I'm sorry to post this here, but I don't know how to do...
I placed an order to Armillum 2 months ago. I sent money with a regular bank order but Jorge never answered to my many emails since then. Does anybody know what may be happened?
Of course I'm very disappointed: can a customer be left without the slightiest answer for two months?
Can anybody suggest me something? What to do in such cases?
Thank you.
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
I'm also having problems with Armillum, a full month without response.
Did you reach a resolve in your case?
Same story here, is there any news?
www.romaiv.com - a Roman town in Australia? Why not?
Man saying it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it. (Chinese proverb)
I wish I had seen your posts before I send them money. I am having the same issue. Did you ever receive your items?
did it ever occur that they went out of business, or they're a cheap wacko swindle deal typa thing?]

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

sorry, tough luck, you'd better try everything you can to get your money back. Starting here is good, but maybe check for company addresses, and other details, whereabouts. India ? ...

Sam
Samuel J.
Being relatively new to this whole thing, I see this issue with problematic suppliers being one of the biggest discouragements to anybody starting out in the reenactment field. I began putting together kit for an impression (primarily as a collector) last year. Approximately 50% of the suppliers have proved to offer service that ranges from very poor to outright terrible. While I have had nothing but excellent service from some of the major distributors, I cannot say the same for even all of them. I am still trying to get items from one unnamed major distributor that I placed orders with over 13 months ago. Every now and then I get a few pieces but it is indeed extremely frustrating. I realize that there are definitely problems with some of the pieces originating out of the Indian market - as has been discussed on many other threads. If collecectively, something positive can be done to improve this situation - I think that it would definitely be easier to attract (and retain) many more people to this great and interesting field of reenactment.
Forgot to mention after rereading my previous post on this thread that most of the items that I have received from those doing great work on a small scale are exceptional beyond expectations.
Odd, Jorge has usually been very good to deal with.
I know their website underwent some problems, but it is back up and running.
I recieved a reply from him immediately.
When did you last try contacting him.
BTW, there are many fabricators and dealers who are bad at replying....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Folks,
Thanks for the replys to my question. When I saw some of the post I thought I had fallen victim to a scam artist. Fortuantly, I received a comunication from Armilum. It turns out that the company is very small and the owner is overloaded with work and he makes most items alone. He stated to me the "In this hobby you will find two kinds of companies, the ones that sell indian products, good prices and no support at all because they only buy and sell, and the companies that have a workshop and make all or part of its products. Like Armillum. Normally we are very small companies, with only one person working, the workload is big and sometime we have problems with the delivery times." Personnaly I will give them the benefit of the bowbt and wait to receive the order and I hope to be able to report at a later time how pleased I am with everything.
I bought my paenula, my first belt, and an awesome republican scutum from him.
Those items I was really pleased with. He does sell indian products too, but I prefer his own.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Customs can be a problem, the Armamentaria Caligae took 3 months to get through US customs.
I just wanted to say that I received all items, the custom staff was outstanding and I am very pleased with everything.
Glad to hear that!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
That's great. Glad it got sorted out.