Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tunnels under the baths of Caracalla to reopen
in December. Among the things to see will be the largest mithraeum in the empire. (Picks another reason to go to Rome.)
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Quote:the largest mithraeum in the empire

Blimey! I'd never even heard of that place! What with this and the Constantine show in Milan, it looks like a trip to Italy in the spring then... :-)

(hopefully these subterranean bits will not prove as frustratingly difficult to access as the Domus Aurea...)
Nathan Ross
Thanks Ben

I'm planning my trip to Rome next year and the list of what not to miss is getting so long I'll be there for a month!!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Alas that it wasn't open when my wife and I were there in July.
'To celebrate the reopening, Michelangelo Pistoletto has installed his conceptual work Il Terzo Paradiso (the third heaven)'

They can't just open the site, oh no, they have to have some weird stuff there too. Let me guess, the artist most probably talks of having a 'connection' with the art of the ancients, Oh puhleeeese! :errr:
Excuse the rant but recently I've been getting a whole lot of 'oh don't you do anything that's more up to date?'!

Looks like a fantastic place to visit, anyone know the official website for opening times etc?
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  York\'s Headless Corpses: Caracalla to blame? Robert Vermaat 19 5,189 06-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS