Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living History Program
Hello all my name is Marcus Norwood and I am a teacher in Pasadena Texas. For 10 years I worked with special needs children and over the past 3 years I have been teaching technology. Although history is not my day job I have been a constant student virtually my entire life. Over the years I have given history presentations on various topics. Lately with the assistance of Terry Nix I have given living history lessons regarding Rome to 6th grade classes on my campus. The response to it was tremendous. The kids and administrators loved it and would like me to do more including presenting on other campuses. The local Society of Creative Anachronism has also agreed to make some appearances as well as a Houston based WWII organization.

I am posting this thread to see who in the Roman history community would be willing to support a living history initiative in my school district. I would be interested in anything that could be offered: personal appearances, cash donations, donations of gear, consultation regarding content for presentations etc. Any material contribution would be tax deductible.

I realize this is my first post and I am an unknown. If you need character references that can be provided. I have had numerous companies and individuals help with my after school program.

PM me for more information.

Cheers,
Marcus
Moved to "Events" forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Living History in Texas Antoninus05 7 2,570 01-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Scipio Second
  The National Living History Fayre, November 2012 David Smith 0 1,154 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Last Post: David Smith
  \"Yorkshire\'s Greatest Living History Festival\" John Conyard 4 2,065 08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar