Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you. Respect to members. Am so grateful.
Hello.
I am a reader. Not a poster. I joined a couple of weeks ago to say thank you, but time and responsibilities got in the way....

I learned by reading history. Never went to school. But read Thucidides and Tacitus etc. I am sure I am not alone in reading and learning from the members on this outstanding website. Seriously, I count you as some of my great teachers.

Please accept this gratitude in the sincere spirit in which it is given. I will likely never post again. But I will be here reading and learning. And will always be grateful.

Respect.
well as a fellow reader i must agree with your sentiment, these forums tent to be the best resoures of their kind and i'm sure the world would be a worse place without them!
Actually ...

I think ,many of us started out as "Readers Only." The depth of knowledge and scholarship in this Forum can be intimidating. The gods know, every week I learn something new in this Forum.

That said...

Do not fear to ask questions. Often members will link you to past conversations on the same topic, but just as often the seemingly obvious question will be the one never asked and will spark a lively and informative discussion. Even on topics not directly concerned with ancient Greece & Rome. (For example there are quite few members well versed in pre-modern Japanese History, a fact that continues to impress me.) I have found that the members of this Forum have always been not only patient with new members but remarkably generous with their scholarship.

At the very least, when you discover a new book or reference source do post your find. The members here are voracious readers and are always on the look out for new material.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Thank you David.
I had read the histories, but never noticed the wind socks.

One of the many eye openers here.

I find it difficult to comment on the web. Even more uncomfortable to offer praise to others. So often it goes wrong.

Please don't mind my shyness. I am trying to read the entire site. I believe it worth the effort.

I have a dream to learn Latin. I bought Wheelock. But I think I should begin with Latin for dummies. :-P
When I have a question, I will ask.

Also thank you Mr Seago. Nice to see another reader willing to offer thanks. You made me feel less conspicuous and so more comfortable.

Again my respects. Dale