Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes are hard to read
Is it possible to change the way quotes are displayed? Simple italics make them very hard to distinguish between the quote and the reply. Perhaps a different colour?
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
It may be possible, but you can always do that yourself in the meantime. Just highlight the text quoted and choose a color. Or is that difficult on tablets and/or smartphones?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I've tried selecting a different color when quoting, it even shows it in the code but when I submit the post it doesn't change the color. It is very difficult to follow some of the longer posts with quotes mixed in with responses. You never can tell who is saying what...
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Quote:Jay said: I've tried selecting a different color
You might consider entering the writer's name. When there are many quotes connected together, it's hard to know, after a while, as you said. Usually, just a few words, not a few paragraphs gets the info across, as those who want to can jump down to a previous post and get the rest of the text.

Make sure when you use the color feature that you have some part of the text you wantcolored highlighted. That way, the selected text gets the color code applied to that text. If there's a question about whether people will know whom you are quoting, you can make their name bold, as above.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
Quote:Jay said: I've tried selecting a different color
You might consider entering the writer's name. When there are many quotes connected together, it's hard to know, after a while, as you said. Usually, just a few words, not a few paragraphs gets the info across, as those who want to can jump down to a previous post and get the rest of the text.

Make sure when you use the color feature that you have some part of the text you wantcolored highlighted. That way, the selected text gets the color code applied to that text. If there's a question about whether people will know whom you are quoting, you can make their name bold, as above.

Well it seems it works again! Not sure why it wasn't before...
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Glad it works for you now. Confusedmile:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple Quotes Renatus 9 3,780 09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Renatus