Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Connolly Memorial Event
Anyone within striking distance of Gordon Square, London, on the 27th April may be interested to know that an event is to be held at the Institute of Archaeology to celebrate Peter Connolly's life and career. A flyer for the event is attached below.

[attachment=6541]PeterConnollyeventflyer.pdf[/attachment]

Attached Files
.pdf   PeterConnollyeventflyer.pdf (Size: 866.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Wow, how I truly wish I could attend this event. Peter Connolly was such a forming influence in my love of ancient Classical history. Still, thanks for the info Renatus.
Alexander
Thank you very much for the information.

One assumes the up-take will be huge!! Do you have any inkling if this will be limited to IOA/IFA Members or on a general first come first served basis?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I wish I could attend. Like many here at RAT, I'm sure Peter Connolly's work had a big influence on their interest in the Graeco-Roman world.
Dafydd

Tantae molis erat Romanam condere gentem.

What a lot of work it was to found the Roman race.

Virgil, The Aeneid.
Quote:One assumes the up-take will be huge!! Do you have any inkling if this will be limited to IOA/IFA Members or on a general first come first served basis?
According to the flyer, it is an open event. It is a long time since I visited the Institute but my recollection is that the lecture theatre has a reasonable capacity.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
While never having met the man, his books are some of my earliest reference sources for ancient
Greece and Rome. It would be interesting , if I were able .
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
A list of the speakers at this event is now online. I might see some of you there.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there