Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the point of the Beginners section?
I will admit, that I am a beginner on all levels. Research, Re-enactment Re-construction, and a beginner on RAT. There have been times I have posted things in all of the above... only to think... "OH My... Did I post that in the right area?"

Should I just be posting in the beginners area? Do I have a right to post anywhere once I become a member of RAT?

I agree with Robert on the larp/legioxx site. WHat I really wish could happen on RAT is... SERIOUSLY... a "THINGS TO AVOID" section or thread. I have sold a lot of what I have purchase and taken quite a loss in the process because of ignorance.

I have purchased things on ebay... that any seasoned person on RAT no matter what section they post in... could identify as totally avoidable at 10,000 paces!!!

But for a newbie... it has cost me. A thread that would list websites where more information could be found with pictures or photographs would be an excellent help as well! Searching the internet has been both time and life consuming! If someone finds a credible site, there should be a place for it here. I am not demanding by any means... I am just sharing my heart and not an opinion.

So many times i screamed for help! I felt like I was wearing out people's welcome. It would be so much easier for there to be an informative place of either what is "across the boards acceptable" or "totally avoidable" then to think you have researched it thoroughly... and made a purchase... only to have someone say... NOPE... wrong time frame! NOPE! That rivet is off by a quarter of an inch or 4mm... Or... NOPE! That would not be acceptable on our field, after the fact that you have made an investment. Not all of us... including myself, have the availability of a good library <or> a group of well seasoned people to trust in and confide our ignorance in without feeling snubbed in the end.

I appreciate all of the help and guidance I have gotten here. And I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this far. It shows me that you hear me... not as me being a critic, but as someone who continues to reach out for help, guidance, direction and correction. But please... let me learn from your mistakes or misfortunes instead of falling into the same pitfalls or stepping on the same land mines. Thanks everyone... in advance.
PATRICK

Messages In This Thread
What is the point of the Beginners section? - by Patrick - 03-08-2013, 11:43 AM
What is the point of the Beginners section? - by colin mc mahon - 05-30-2014, 06:11 PM